Green Job in Saint Joseph, Missouri : MO
Looking for Green Jobs? See currently available Green job openings on green.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
green.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any green job . We provide job resources for Green positions throughout the industry. green.jobs.net also provides Green jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Green by either city or state.
green.jobs.net is a green job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Green jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your green job search on green.jobs.net today.
Engineer, Green Fleet
Engineer, Green Fleet Job DescriptionJob Details Job Title Engineer, Green Fleet Job ID 14645 Location St Joseph, MO;Elizabethtown, KY Full/Part Time Full-Time Favorite Job Regular/Temporary Regular
Why Join Altec?
Join a focused team where you can have an immediate impact in developing Altec's next world-class product. Develop the next generation of equipment in a company that is a leader in the utility equipment industry. The Altec Green Fleet Engineering Group is responsible for design of Altec's JEMS (Jobsite Energy Management System) products. The position is for a Product Development Engineer with INTEREST in the following areas. Bring your design experience and interest in green technologies to work in a team environment at Altec!
- Motor and Motor Controllers
- Batteries and Battery Management
- Vehicle Integration
The preferred location for this position is in St. Joseph, Missouri, a friendly city planted down by the banks of the Missouri River, known for its close community. Locals and new residents of St. Joseph form friendships at a variety of events such as jazz festivals, outdoor activities on a 26 mile green parkway and seasonal tailgating parties. In St. Joseph, you will surely enjoy ample opportunities to make new friends and memories. Find out more at: www.choosestjoseph.com
Elizabethtown, KY will also be considered. Deep in the land of fertile soil and breezy prairie winds, you will find Elizabethtown, a small city with rich history. Unique historical events have taken place in the area such as Abraham Lincoln’s birth and the construction of the Louisville & Nashville Railroad. But what makes Elizabethtown great now is its ideal location between two larger sister cities – Louisville and Nashville.
● Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork ●
*The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path*
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required; Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- EIT registration or ability to obtain registration required
- Good analytical, verbal and written skills required
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to travel 50% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying.
- Practices prudent engineering and effectively apply formal engineering training adding to the overall effectiveness of the Engineering Group and enhancement of Altec’s position within the product line
- Participates and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts
- Operates with some decision-making latitude within the scope of an assignment
- Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the engineering field
- As directed, may assign work to technical drafting staff and Engineers(entry level)
- Communicates with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation as appropriate
- Provides technical support to sales associates
- Supports Operations, Sales, and Service
- Interfaces directly with Suppliers and Customers
- Utilizes Lean principles to improve our products and processes
- Manages various sizes of Altec projects
- May act as Team Lead.
- Ensures manufacturing is building product in conformance to current engineering documentation
- Reviews the design of components and parts for design-for-manufacturability
- Monitors costs, manpower efficiency, machine capability, space utilization, etc. and recommend as appropriate revisions in manufacturing methods
- Leads continuous improvement efforts in the areas of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, and Productivity
- Leads the integration of new designs into Manufacturing
- Leads and implement Capital projects
- Interact in an effective and appropriate manner with other Altec personnel and customer representatives, as appropriate, in order to complete projects and assignments
- Respond to rapidly changing technology and integrate to Green Fleet offerings.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
Saint Joseph Green Job